2010-08-18

愛玉伯ㄟ厝- Fen Qi Hu- Taiwan




I went to a small village called "奮起湖" (Fen Qi Hu) in Mt. Ali
the middle of Taiwan on 16th of August.

For me, it is a place similar to 九份 (Chiu Fen). A place fulled of small alleys,
traditional souvenir shops with all kinds of Taiwanese food : )

and, I found a 愛玉(Ai Yu) cafe. A famous 愛玉(Ai Yu) cafe- "愛玉伯ㄟ厝"


The name of this cafe "愛玉伯ㄟ厝" means "the house of 愛玉伯 (Ai Yu Buo)" in Taiwanese
愛玉伯 (Ai Yu Buo) is the owner of this cafe

He was so cute.
I was actually taking photos of this cafe but he thought I was taking photo of him lol

愛玉(Ai Yu) is made by a kind of plant.
I don't know how to explain it but I have some pictures.


There are some description on the photos but only in Chinese...


愛玉 (Ai Yu) is a fruit growing on a kind of vine
and the fruit looks like this:

I bought three bags of this and gonna make 愛玉 (Ai Yu) by myself at home.
( I made it once at Hiroshi Lee's place but failed due to the over amount of water lol)

and there are tons of dessert and drink which are mixed with 愛玉 (Ai Yu)

Here is the menu:


Michael and I had this one:

This is 特製愛玉 Ai Yu special
愛玉 (Ai Yu) the one looks like jelly
this one is 愛玉 (Ai Yu) in lemon juice (I guess) with some passion fruits on it.
P.S. Every time when I have 愛玉 (Ai Yu), I always think of you Sharon Au !!!

Very yummy. I love it.


Some photos of this cafe:

I knew from a woman here that 愛玉(Ai Yu) could only be harvested once a year...
and because of the typhoon in August 2009, there is only few 愛玉(Ai Yu) this year...
Hope the weather this year could be better
then we can have more and more this SUPER TASTY 愛玉(Ai Yu) !!

Address: 嘉義縣竹崎鄉中和村奮起湖151號
Tel: +886-(05) 2561330



2 則留言:

  1. !!!!愛玉Cafe!!!!!
    you should totally show this to Sharon, she changed her name to 歐愛玉 since her last visit to Taiwan!!! I LOVE 愛玉, too!!!

    回覆刪除
  2. I did !! I did !!! :D

    回覆刪除